The Medline Maxorb Extra Calcium Alginate Dressing is a top-quality wound care product that offers exceptional performance for efficient wound healing. It features a nonwoven alginate and carboxylmethylcellulose (CMC) fiber combination that interacts with wound exudates to form a gel, providing for a moist healing environment. This dressing is particularly effective in managing exuding wounds, as it has a high absorption rate that helps to manage excess fluids and prevent maceration. The fluid will not wick laterally, meaning it stays confined to the dressing and doesn't spread to the surrounding skin. It also features superior gelling and fluid handling ensuring that wounds remain clean, moist and protected. Whether you're dealing with surgical wounds, pressure ulcers, or other types of wounds, Medline Maxorb Extra Calcium Alginate Dressing is a must-have for wound healing.
Features and Benefits
- Maxorb Extra’s combination of non-woven alginate and carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) fiber is more absorbent than other alginate dressings.
- Wound exudate mixes with Maxorb Extra to form a gel that will not wick out, reducing the potential for damage to peri-wound skin
- The presence of CMC improves the gelling and fluid handling ability as well as adds improved wet strength.
- Simple, one-piece removal eases dressing changes.
- Ideal for moderate to heavily draining partial- and full-thickness wounds
- Wick fluid vertically to help prevent periwound skin maceration
- Up to 7-day wear time
- Manufacturer: Medline
- Brand: Maxorb Extra
- Dressing type: Calcium Alginate
- Size: 4" x 4"
- Use: Primary Dress
- Wound Condition Type: Shallow/Deep, Moderate-Heavy Drainage
- Sterile: Yes
- Latex-free: Yes
- MPN: MSC7044EP
How to prep and apply
- Cleanse wound environment using an appropriate wound cleanser.
- Ensure skin surrounding the wound is dry and apply appropriate skin prep, as preferred.
- Remove the dressing from the package.
- Apply the dressing to the wound, covering all areas of the wound with slight overlap to periwound skin. For deep wounds, loosely fill the wound.
- Cover with an appropriate secondary dressing.
Dressing Change Frequency
Medline Medline Maxorb Extra Calcium Alginate Dressing, 4" x 4", Highly Absorbent, Sterile, Latex-free typically lasts up to 7 days depending on the state of the wound or amount of drainage, but should be changed once saturated with exudates.
- Medline Maxorb Extra Calcium Alginate Dressing, 2" x 2", 60MSC7022EP
- Medline Maxorb Extra Calcium Alginate Dressing, 4" x 4", 60MSC7044EP
- Medline Maxorb Extra Calcium Alginate Dressing, 4" x 8", 60MSC7048EP
- Medline Maxorb Extra Calcium Alginate Dressing, 1" x 12", Rope, 60MSC7012EP
Buy from Medicinal Supplies and save!
Our price for Medline Maxorb Extra Calcium Alginate Dressing, 4" x 4", Highly Absorbent, Sterile, Latex-free is one of the cheapest. Please don't forget to check out our other highly discounted wound dressings and other wound care products sold at our online store.