Blood Pressure Monitors
What is a Blood Pressure Monitor?
A blood pressure (BP) monitor is a device used to measure the amount of pressure your blood exerts to get through your arteries. Knowing your BP can help you assess your risk of hypertension and other possibly chronic conditions. When measured and tracked over time its measurements offer an important blood pressure baseline that is vital in BP assessment and in the diagnosis and treatment of blood-pressure–related diseases.
What is blood pressure and why is it important to keep track of it?
The amount of pressure your blood exerts to get through your arteries is called blood pressure. When your heart pumps it pushes oxygen-rich blood out to your arteries and then delivers it to the tissues and cells of your body. This happens 60 to 100 times a minute, 24 hours a day. If your BP is too high, it can cause serious health conditions. If your BP drops too low, it could mean that your vital organs may not be receiving adequate blood supply and might cause you stroke or heart attack. The only way to know your blood pressure is by way of measuring it.
What is hypertension?
Although it is not yet recognized as a disease, hypertension is a very common cardiovascular condition that is primarily caused by changes in blood pressure. It contributes to a wide range of health issues including heart diseases and in some cases even death. It is important to check your blood pressure using a blood pressure measurement device when you feel you’re at risk or when a doctor advises you.
Blood pressure categories chart
As recognized by the American Heart Association, the five blood pressure ranges are:
- Normal - Blood pressure numbers of less than 120/80 mm Hg
- Elevated - ranges from 120-129 systolic and less than 80 mm Hg diastolic
- Hypertension Stage 1 - ranges from 130-139 systolic or 80-89 mm Hg diastolic.
- Hypertension Stage 2 - ranges at 140/90 mm Hg or higher
- Hypertensive crisis - exceed 180/120 mm Hg
Quality BPM Brands at Medicinal Supplies
We offer some of the most well-known brands of blood pressure monitors available on the market such as Omron, Advocate, A&D Medical, MHC Medical (SureLife), Jobar, Zewa and Simpro. These brands will not just help you manage your long-term health but also provide you accurate and precise BP measurements.
Things to consider when shopping for a BPM
Although operating a blood pressure monitor at home is simple and straightforward, there are few things to keep in mind in order to get accurate results:
- Using the right type of blood pressure monitor - Medicinal Supplies offers distinctive types of blood pressure monitors readily available for use in blood pressure testing. Hence, we offer you a variety of choices which are affordable, convenient and provide correct readings. Choose the device for which you are comfortable using and the best fit for you. Such as Upper arm or Wrist and correct cuff size.
- Considering the right timing - No matter what type of blood pressure monitor you choose, it always comes with proper practice and timing. It is advised to take the test first in the morning before eating and then take it again in the evening. Your health care specialist should also recommend a specific time to take a test each day.
- Maintaining proper positioning - It's crucial to maintain correct posture when checking your levels. For the most accurate reading of your blood pressure, you should be lying down or seated with your upper arm, heart, and monitor all at the same level.
- Have your doctor check your blood pressure measuring strategy for greater accuracy - To ensure you're using the device correctly, a health care provider should examine and observe how you do the test. Next time when you visit your doctor measure and compare the readings from your monitor to the readings from the monitor in the doctor's office.
What Makes Online Shopping at Medicinal Supplies hypertension-free?
At Medicinal Supplies we try to make your blood pressure monitor shopping experience as easy and convenient as possible by providing as much relevant product information as we can find and presenting it in a clean and easily readable and understandable format. We carry a wide variety of the most popular brands of blood pressure monitors at some of the cheapest and highly discounted prices and the best part is you don't even need to leave your couch to place the order. Most of our blood pressure monitors are shipped the same day the order is placed and only take a few business days to reach your doorstep.