Medline OptiLock Non-Adhesive Wound Dressing is designed to handle varying levels of fluid, making it suitable for both high and low drainage wounds. It incorporates a super-absorbent polymer core, ensuring exceptional absorption and prevent leakage. Even under compression, it locks in drainage to maintain a clean and hygienic wound environment, promoting faster healing. The OptiLock dressing also protects skin from macerations by preventing excessive moisture and fluid buildup lowering the risk of skin irritation and breakdown. Even more, this wound dressing is non-adhesive, meaning minimal disruption to the wound and gentle, pain-free removal. OptiLock can be used as a primary dressing on partial-thickness and full-thickness wounds, such as: pressure, venous or neuropathic ulcers; post-operative wounds; superficial or partial-thickness burns (first- or second-degree); lacerations; abrasions. OptiLock can also be used as a secondary dressing on full-thickness wounds.
Features and Benefits
- Super-absorbent polymer core.
- Locks in drainage under compression.
- Adjusts absorption to the amount of drainage.
- Protects skin from maceration.
- Non-adherent wound contact layer.
- Manufacturer: Medline
- Brand: Optilock
- Application and Size: 5" x 5.5"
- Dressing Pad Size: 5" x 5.5"
- Area of Application: All over Body
- Dressing Type: Superabsorbent Foam
- Wound Condition: Shallow/Deep, Mod-Hvy Drainage
- Use: Primary or Secondary Dressing
- Latex free: Yes
- Sterile: Yes
- Adhesive: No
- MPN: MSC6455EP
Indications: Pressure injuries, partial and full-thickness wounds, leg ulcers, lacerations and abrasions and wounds under compression
Contraindications: Third-degree burns, known sensitivity to the product itself or its components, do not use on non-exudating or minimally exudating wounds
OptiLock Wound Dressing Layers
OptiLock absorbs approximately three times more fluid than a leading silicone-faced foam dressing. At the same time, OptiLock dressings retain substantially more fluid under compression than a leading silicone-faced foam dressing.
- Dispersion Layer: Evenly distributes and quickly transfers exudate into the super-absorbent core.
- Blue Protective Backing Helps protect clothing and sheets.
- Super-Absorbent Core: Absorbs large amounts of exudate, which is converted to a gel and locked away from the wound.
Dressing Change Frequency
Medline OptiLock Non-Adhesive Super Absorbent Wound Dressing 5" x 5.5" typically lasts up to 7 days depending on the state of the wound or amount of drainage, but should be changed once saturated with exudates.
- Medline OptiLock Non-Adhesive Super Absorbent Wound Dressing, 3" X 3", 60MSC6433EP
- Medline OptiLock Non-Adhesive Super Absorbent Wound Dressing 4" x 4", 60MSC6444EP
- Medline OptiLock Non-Adhesive Super Absorbent Wound Dressing 5" x 5.5", 60MSC6455EP
- Medline OptiLock Non-Adhesive Super Absorbent Wound Dressing 6.5" x 10", 60MSC64610EP
- Medline OptiLock Non-Adhesive Super Absorbent Wound Dressing, 8" x 12", 60MSC64812EP
Buy from Medicinal Supplies and save!
Our price for Medline OptiLock Non-Adhesive Super Absorbent Wound Dressing 5" x 5.5", MSC6444EP is one of the cheapest. Please don't forget to check out our other highly discounted wound dressing and other wound care products sold at our online store.