Medline Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver combines the benefits of collagen and antimicrobial silver. As a primary wound dressing, the Medline Puracol Collagen Dressing is capable of managing all types of drainage effectively. Its highly absorbent material swiftly absorbs exudates from the wound bed, promoting a clean and hygienic environment for optimal healing. Furthermore, the antimicrobial silver integrated into the dressing offers an extra layer of protection against a wide range of harmful microorganisms. Silver is renowned for its potent antimicrobial properties, effectively combating bacteria and reducing the risk of infection. This unique feature helps create a clean, sterile wound environment, promoting faster healing and minimizing complications.
Features and Benefits
- Puracol Plus AG+ collagen wound dressings with silver help jump-start stalled or chronic wounds when antimicrobial properties of silver are desired and help promote natural healing.
- High-quality 100% collagen powder maintains a high degree of nativity.
- High gel integrity helps the dressings stay in good contact with the wound bed over time.
- Manufacturer: Medline
- Product Type: Wound Dressing
- Dressing Type: Sheet
- Package Type: Pouch
- Material: Collagen
- Application and Size: 4.25" x 4.5"
- Product Shape: Square
- Use: Primary Dress, Cavity Fill
- Wound Condition Type: Shallow/Deep, No-Mod Drainage
- Dressing Change Frequency: Up to 7 days
- Latex Free: Yes
- 100% Collagen: Yes
- Antimicrobial: Yes
- Silver: Yes
- Waterproof Outer Layer: No
- Adhesive: No
- MPN: MSC8744EP
- Pressure, venous, diabetic ulcers
- Partial and full-thickness wounds
- Ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies
- First- and second-degree burns
- Donor sites and other surface wounds
- Traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention
- Dehisced surgical wounds
- Active vasculitis or patients with known sensitivity to collagen or silver
- Product not indicated for third-degree burns
How do Puracol Collagen Dressings Support Wound Healing?
One key factor of chronic wounds is an elevated level of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). At elevated levels, MMPs break down necrotic tissue as well as viable collagen produced during the wound healing process. Puracol wound dressings promote natural healing with highly native type 1 collagen. This collagen supports the formation of new blood vessels, promoting the growth of granulation tissue, aiding in the removal of damaged tissue (debridement), and facilitating the wound's ability to re-epithelize or develop a new epithelial layer.
- Medline Puracol Collagen Wound Dressing, 2" x 2" Sheet, 60MSC8522
- Medline Puracol Collagen Wound Dressing, 4" x 4.25" Sheet, 60MSC8544
- Medline Puracol Plus Collagen Wound Dressing, 2" x 2.25" Sheet, 60MSC8622EP
- Medline Puracol Plus Collagen Wound Dressing, 4.25" x 4.5" Sheet, 60MSC8644EP
- Medline Puracol Plus Collagen Wound Dressing 1" x 8" Rope, 60MSC861X8EP
- Medline Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver, 2" x 2.22" Sheet, MSC8722EP
- Medline Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver, 4.25" x 4.5" Sheet, MSC8744EP
- Medline Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver 1" x 8" Rope, 60MSC871X8EP
Product Guide and Documents
Buy from Medicinal Supplies and save!
Our price for Medline Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver, 4.25" x 4.5" Sheet, Sterile, Non-Adhesive, Latex Free, MSC8744EP is one of the cheapest. Please don't forget to check out our other highly discounted biologic dressings and other wound care products sold at our online store.
Human Biosciences Skin Temp...