The Medline Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing with Silver is a high-quality wound care product designed to help promote healing and prevent infection in a variety of wound types. This advanced dressing is made with a unique blend of collagen and hydrated silver, which work together to create an optimal healing environment. The Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing is made from 100% pure collagen, which is a naturally occurring protein that helps to promote tissue regeneration and healing. This dressing also contains silver, which is known for its antimicrobial properties. The silver ions help to prevent the growth of bacteria and other harmful microorganisms that can lead to infection in the wound. The Medline Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing with Silver is an excellent choice for anyone looking for an effective and easy-to-use wound care product that promotes healing and helps to prevent infection.
Features and Benefits
- Contains pure collagen and hydrated silver chloride to promote wound healing
- Rope shape and 1" x 8" size for ease of use and versatility
- Latex-free, making it suitable for people with latex allergies
- Sterile and individually packaged to prevent contamination
- Can be cut to fit the size and shape of the wound
- Effective under compression
- May be layered for deep wounds
- Manufacturer: Medline
- Application and size: 1” x 18”
- Area of Application: Wound
- Material: Collagen
- Product Shape: Rope
- Package type: Pouch
- Use: Primary Dress, Cavity Fill
- Wound Condition Type: Shadow/ Deep, No-Mod Drainage
- Antimicrobial: Yes
- Silver: Yes
- Latex free: Yes
- Sterile: Yes
- Adhesive: No
- MPN: MSC871X8EP
- Pressure, venous, diabetic ulcers
- Partial and full-thickness wounds
- Ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies
- First- and second-degree burns
- Donor sites and other surface wounds
- Traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention
- Dehisced surgical wounds
- Active vasculitis or patients with known sensitivity to collagen or silver
- Product not indicated for third-degree burns
Dressing Change Frequency
Medline Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver 1" x 8" Rope typically lasts up to 7 days depending on the state of the wound or amount of drainage, but should be changed once saturated with exudates.
How do Puracol Collagen Dressings Support Wound Healing?
One key factor of chronic wounds is an elevated level of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). At elevated levels, MMPs break down necrotic tissue as well as viable collagen produced during the wound healing process. Puracol wound dressings promote natural healing with highly native type 1 collagen. This collagen supports the formation of new blood vessels, promoting the growth of granulation tissue, aiding in the removal of damaged tissue (debridement), and facilitating the wound's ability to re-epithelize or develop a new epithelial layer.
- Medline Puracol Collagen Wound Dressing, 2" x 2" Sheet, 60MSC8522
- Medline Puracol Collagen Wound Dressing, 4" x 4.25" Sheet, 60MSC8544
- Medline Puracol Plus Collagen Wound Dressing, 2" x 2.25" Sheet, 60MSC8622EP
- Medline Puracol Plus Collagen Wound Dressing, 4.25" x 4.5" Sheet, 60MSC8644EP
- Medline Puracol Plus Collagen Wound Dressing 1" x 8" Rope, 60MSC861X8EP
- Medline Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver, 2" x 2.22" Sheet, MSC8722EP
- Medline Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver, 4.25" x 4.5" Sheet, MSC8744EP
- Medline Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver 1" x 8" Rope, 60MSC871X8EP
Product Guide and Documents
Buy from Medicinal Supplies and save!
Our price for Medline Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Wound Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver 1" x 8" Rope, in Educational Packaging, Sterile, Non-Adhesive, Latex-free, MSC871X8EP is one of the cheapest. Please don't forget to check out our other highly discounted biologic dressings and other wound care products sold at our online store.