Medline Optifoam Non-adhesive Foam Dressing is a wound dressing designed to maximize comfort and absorbency. The product features polyurethane backing that helps to maintain an optimally moist wound environment, prevent strike-through, and aid in the prevention of bacterial contamination of the wound. It also has its backing's moisture vapor transmission rate adjusted depending on the fluid level in the wound. This foam pad has micropores for low adherence to the wound surface, yet has a higher fluid-handling capacity than other brands. This dressing is easy to apply, and its thin profile allows it to conform to the body, providing an optimal healing environment.
Features and Benefits
- Highly absorbent dressings provide exceptional fluid handling with a variety of applications.
- Protects and maintains a moist wound environment.
- Waterproof, polyurethane backing.
- Moisture vapor transmission rate adjusts depending on the fluid level in the wound.
- Micropore foam padding.
- Low adherence to wound surface.
- Higher fluid-handling capacity than other brands.
- Foam pad gently expands as it absorbs fluid.
- Manufacturer: Medline
- Brand: Optifoam
- Applications and size: 4” x 4”
- Dressing pad size: 4” x 4”
- Area of application: All over body
- Dressing type: Foam
- Use: Primary Dress
- Product Type: Non-Adhesive
- Wound Condition Type: Shallow/Deep,Mod-Hvy Drainage
- Waterproof Outer Layer: Yes
- Latex free: Yes
- Sterile: Yes
- Adhesive: No
- MPN: MSC1244
- Package: 1 box / 10 Dressings
Optifoam Foam Non-adhesive Dressing is indicated for use as primary or secondary dressings for lightly to moderately exuding wounds, partial or full-thickness such as pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers, surgical wounds, and first- and second-degree burns.
Optifoam Foam Non-adhesive Dressing is contraindicated for heavily exuding wounds, wounds with exposed or necrotic tissue, wounds with active infection, wounds with a history of sensitivity to silver, and third-degree burns.
Dressing Change Frequency
Optifoam Foam Non-adhesive Dressing typically lasts 3 to 7 days depending on the state of the wound or amount of drainage but should be changed once saturated with exudates.
Buy from Medicinal Supplies and save!
Our price for Medline Optifoam Non-adhesive Foam Dressing 4" x 4", Square Shape, Waterproof, Sterile, MSC1244 is one of the cheapest. Please don't forget to check out our other highly discounted foam wound dressing and other wound care products sold at our online store.