Cardinal Health™ Reinforced gelling fiber +Ag dressings are sterile, reinforced non-woven pads composed of a high G (guluronic acid) calcium alginate, carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) and ionic silver complex (silver sodium hydrogen zirconium phosphate), which release silver ions in the presence of wound fluid. As wound fluid is absorbed, the alginate forms a gel which assists in maintaining a moist environment for optimal wound healing.
Reinforced gelling fiber +Ag Features:
- Type of dressing: Primary dressing
- Change frequency: Up to 7 days
- Highly absorbent gelling fibers
- Cohesive fiber construction
- Used for the management of moderate to heavy exuding, partial to full thickness wounds, including: Pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, diabetic ulcers, post-operative surgical wounds, first and second degree burns, graft and donor sites, trauma wound
- 4" x 4.75"
Contraindications: Dry eschar, third-degree burns, direct application on dry or lightly exuding wounds, to control heavy bleeding and individuals with known sensitivity to alginates and/or silver