The Medline Industries Optifoam Foam Dressing is a non-adhesive wound dressing designed to maximize comfort and absorbency. The product features polyurethane backing that helps to maintain an optimally moist wound environment, prevent strike-through, and aid in the prevention of bacterial contamination of the wound. It also has its backing's moisture vapor transmission rate adjusted depending on the fluid level in the wound. This foam pad has micropores for low adherence to the wound surface, yet has a higher fluid-handling capacity than other brands. This dressing is easy to apply, and its thin profile allows it to conform to the body, providing an optimal healing environment.
Features and Benefits
- Highly absorbent dressings provide exceptional fluid handling with a variety of applications
- Moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR) adjusts to fluid level to increase breathability
- Comes in Educational Packaging that focuses on patient safety and correct product application
- Protects and maintains a moist wound environment.
- Waterproof, polyurethane backing.
- Micropore foam padding.
- Low adherence to wound surface.
- Foam pad gently expands as it absorbs fluid.
- Manufacturer: Medline
- Brand: Optifoam
- Dressing Type: Foam
- Application and size: 6" x 6"
- Dressing pad size: 6” x 6”
- Area of application: All over body
- Use: Primary Dress
- Wound Condition Type: Shallow/Deep, Mod-Hvy Drainage
- Latex free: Yes
- Sterile: Yes
- Adhesive: No
- MPN: MSC1266
Medline Optifoam Non-Adhesive Sterile Foam Dressing is indicated for use as primary or secondary dressings for lightly to moderately exuding wounds, partial or full-thickness such as pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers, surgical wounds, and first- and second-degree burns.
Medline Optifoam Non-Adhesive Sterile Foam Dressing is contraindicated for heavily exuding wounds, wounds with exposed or necrotic tissue, lesions with active vasculitis, and third-degree burns.
Dressing Change Frequency
Medline Optifoam Non-Adhesive Sterile Foam Dressing typically lasts 3 to 7 days depending on the state of the wound or amount of drainage but should be changed once saturated with exudates.
Buy from Medicinal Supplies and save!
Our price for Medline Optifoam Non-Adhesive Sterile Foam Dressing 6" x 6" Square Shape, Waterproof, Highly Absorbent, Latex-free, MSC1266 is one of the cheapest. Please don't forget to check out our other highly discounted foam wound dressing and other wound care products sold at our online store.